Sunday, August 7, 2011

From Somewhere in the Fog

Day 4- got up in time to juice before church, only took 20 minutes. Yeah! Did I tell you it took like 40 minutes on day 2? Who has that much time to make juice all day long? So glad it is getting faster. I made a double Key Wester; it had a 3/4 grapefruit, 2- 1" pineapple rounds, an apple and a lime. Very citrusy, next time, a half lime would be more than enough. Speaking of lime, I love them! So far they have made everything taste better! :)

Even today, for dinner I juiced the Sweet Beet recipe, (1/2 beet w/greens, an apple, 4 carrots and added 1/2 lime) Emily like it! I practically had to wrestle it away from her! Next time, I will make her her own. So amazing!

You are probably wondering why I named this as I did, well, it simply is because I feel fuzzy and tired. Don't feel like I am all there, but then when am I? The other reason, is the pain I am in today. The pain in my right hand never quite went away today and my neck and back are soooo tight. At least it didn't cause a headache, I am thankful for that. So glad Mike is home, a little eye batting and a twinkling smile might get me a massage to help.

I know it really is too soon to be seeing results, as far as my fibro and psoriasis, but it is so hard to be hopeful and wait at the same time. I do know I need more time with the Lord. He has to ground my strength, and hope in him. I don't want to focus so much on the juicing that I lose sight of the giver of all these natural foods. He created them and gave them to us and I pray I can learn to use them wisely. Haha, like some sort of weapon. Yeah, like a weapon. A sword to fight fat, psoriasis, fibromyalgia, germs, diseases, cancers, illness; man, all sorts of things. Look out, I am food ninja! heehee (ahh it would be funnier if you could see me do my ninja pose of death!)

Well, this ninja lady is going to get a rub down (my husband is awesome) and get some sleep. Emily starts science camp tomorrow. Lots of driving and juice timing will be order.
God bless!

Philippians 4:19 My God will richly fill your every need in a glorious way through Christ Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jess. Wanted to let you know I saw your face today at church. Just your face in the crowd but I did see you ;) I am praying for you and this journey you are on. I know the Lord will be teaching you more and more each day. I'm trying not to freak out that you are not having any protein! Maybe you can throw some protein powder in a juice or two? Just for me? I know you will be healed in many ways through this! Love you!

    ReplyDelete