Monday, September 12, 2011

Update- Day 40!

Yes, day 40, that means I am still juicing! Forgive me for not writing in quite some time. We had a week of getting ready for school and indulging myself in scrap-booking and then we had our first week of school and girl scouts starting up. It has been very busy around here.

Here is the scoop. I am very frustrated. I have been juicing now for 40 days, which has been great for the most part. The source of my aggravation comes with eating. Funny isn't it? I have been testing some foods to see what I get a reaction from, mainly internally (don't need to explain) or externally with my psoriasis. The thing of it is, sometimes I get a reaction and sometimes I don't. What? You would think that if there is a trigger, it would shoot every time, not give me blanks now and then, this isn't Russian Roulette!

Ok, deep sigh,....I have read that there can be false positives and negatives. Either are a pain. So, the closest conclusions I can make are these:

I have never had a reaction to any kind of nut.
I have never had a reaction to chicken.
I have had fish once, and looked great the next day.
I have had cheese, dairy in my salad dressing and eggs; these go either way, but for the most part, no reactions.
Ohh, I had a piece of chocolate at a friend's, and no reaction! (Tooting a horn: 37 days without chocolate!, that is huge for me!!!)

That is where I stand in my juicing/eating.

As far as my weight, that has been another source of frustration. I have sat for the last 3 weeks or so. Going up and down a few pounds but always the same. I had increased activity; I am walking longer and getting faster; but no real weight loss. I even went swimming! Nada. So, I figured that my calories are too low. When I looked into it a long time ago, just to keep my body functioning, it would need about 2200 calories/day. My taking in about 800-1000 was probably putting my body into starvation mode. So, for the last few days, I juiced once and ate salads, chicken, and my gluten free bread. My weight has started to go down again, I am back to that 20 pound mark and am looking forward to it continuing down. That update will have to wait a week.

Now everyone knows where I am at. I have to share the lesson that I was relenting to last week and a friend of mine hit on when I was talking to her Sunday. I need to not focus on the weight, but the fact that I am feeding my body the foods it needs to be healthy and God will help with the rest. That was my initial spur, eating right, to help heal my body. Not the weight loss, though that is needed and certainly a great benefit, but not the main purpose.
Little redundant, but I need to be reminding myself.

Matthew 6:25-34

Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, wow, you are on an adventure for sure. No chocolate for a month...couldn't do it girl. Way to go.

    You mentioned that you were trying to stick within 800-1000 calories a day, but I wanted to tell you that I think that is waaay too low. A few years ago, I lost some weight cutting back to 1200-1500. From all that I have read and heard, taking in less than a 1000 does put your body in starvation mode. So please, eat more.

    Another thing that I've been praying for lately is that God would grant me more self-control. I'm a glutton, so often, and I am realizing more that it is sinful for me to eat and eat and eat without pause as to how this is affecting my body. I feel the sweet conviction much more now and find that I can deny my overeating urges. I'm so far from perfect, but it is progress.

    I hope this is encouraging.

    Casie

    ReplyDelete