Saturday, September 24, 2011

Fighting a good Fight

Life is a struggle. I am sure everyone has heard that before, but it really is more like a battle, don't you think? This juicing journey has had it's battles and I have not always won. I feel like I am standing on a battle field and single handedly combating the enemies of Fibromyalgia, Psoriasis and their armies of weakness, pain, gluttony, temptation, worldly acceptance, fatigue, 'normalcy', genetics, confusion and more. The enemy is overwhelming. And yet, I am fighting alone, only because I really can't have someone else fight for me. Though, I have allies, I feel they sit in the safety of the ditch behind me and when the enemy overcomes me, I am able to withdraw into the the comfort of their arms and recoup. There are many there, family and friends and of course, God.

I was thinking about Him. How the verses say that He is on our side and who stand against us when He is for us? I know, that without a doubt, all my enemies would be wiped out in a second, if God wanted them to. And I do pray and ask that He will. But I am not upset when He doesn't. (honestly, most of the time, I don't) I know He loves me and I know that He cares. I know that for whatever reason He has me continue to fight, it is for the best and is it for His glory. He is my biggest Allie. He gives me strength to continue, heals my wounds, gives me reasoning and deduction when I need to figure out the causes of a 'wound.' God, my Father, is there; I am not alone. He allows the enemy to come only so far; His hand blocks their attempt at gaining more ground. He has given me the tools/weapons to fight and the know-how. How AWESOME is He?

It is day 52. I am not as far along as I would have like to be. I have increased my activity and my calories slightly to about 1300/day. I sit at a total of 27 pounds lost. I have discovered that wheat is an issue and recently something in a chocolate covered almond is a culprit for a terrible relapse in psoriasis this week. It may be the coating, the dexitrin (corn) or a positive reaction to the chocolate. Iam cleansing for a few days to rid my body of that, and will allow my hubby and children to enjoy what I thought would be an occasional treat for myself. The girls are doing well and holding steady. They are liking many of my gluten free foods over their own items. They are becoming savvy shoppers. They now read labels and if they don't know what something is, they just say, "If you don't know what it is or can't say it, why put it in your body?" I am so proud of them. Mike is doing very well. He works out every day and is trying to hard to eat healthy and juice with me. He has lost more than I have, as men usually do, and I am very proud of him too.

Thank you for your prayers and words of encouragement. They are part of my army. God bless you!

Romans 8:31, 32
What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

No comments:

Post a Comment