Saturday, January 28, 2012

Late Night- update

It is the end of January and I am so glad to see some snow on the ground after our brown Christmas. Just doesn't feel right unless I get a suntan simultaneously. The holiday stresses are over, there is almost no sugar in the house again, and my mother-in-law is back in Hungary until Summer. It was so fun to have here for the two weeks. I would say she learned a lot about new habits and we all loved to have her join in our daily workouts. Reminds me of how far I have come already. It was hard seeing some bread enter the house, but it wasn't as hard to resist it as I thought. I just kept my eyes forward.

Speaking of moving forward, after almost 7 weeks of a plateau, I finally hit the big 50! I was very happy. It has since added another 4. I am getting there, slowly but surely. I look forward to the warmer weather to be more active outdoors. I plan on buying a bike! Something upright, so it doesn't bother my carpal tunnel. So pray that the right one comes along. I feel so left out when the girls ride and I come chugging along behind them walking as fast as my short little legs will go. Which, compared to most in my family, isn't fast at all.

On another slow subject, referring to healing; I have been pretty good lately. I believe it was the sugar that was causing a lot of my pain that I mentioned in my last post. The psoriasis has been pretty steady and I am thinking of yet again, eliminating another possible source.

The next two culprits could be soy and corn. When you have no wheat, those two take over in any processed food. Now, I know you have no life of your own, so you must be keeping a list somewhere, but just in case it has been misplaced, I have already eliminated gluten (wheat), sugar, eggs and dairy. And because I know you are so curious as to the most common allergies, I will not keep you in suspense; they are:
  • Milk
  • Eggs
  • Peanuts
  • Tree nuts (such as almonds, cashews, walnuts)
  • Fish (such as bass, cod, flounder)
  • Shellfish (such as crab, lobster, shrimp)
  • Soy
  • Wheat

90 percent of allergic reactions are caused by these eight foods. Corn is not accounted among them, but it is growing in numbers.

For those that have been asking me about where I have begun my studies on foods, please check out the following documentaries. After seeing them, I did research online and just went from there.

Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead

Forks Over Knives

Food, INC.

Ingredients

So with my family mostly on board, (did I tell that Emily is hanging tight to her bread?) it has been really nice to make meals together and really focus on what our bodies need. I am slowly moving the girls to eat, well, like me. Fruit in the morning, veggies throughout the day, and a little meat here and there. Oh, did you see on FB that Emily is eating cauliflower? The long lost vegetable that as little ones Alana would eat but soon forbid it from her plate and Emily would do the same? I tried roasting them like I do our potato fries. I cut them up, drizzle olive oil just enough for a LIGHT layer and stir in a little salt and pepper. You bake them at 400 for about 30 minutes. You can do this to carrots, broccoli, potatoes, and sweet potatoes. Very nummy!

Anyway, it is rather late, as it is 3 AM! No idea why I am still up. God bless everyone and have a fabulous weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment