Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Journey

Day 15! Wow, I never thought I would make it this far, honestly. It has been a difficult journey, but I know it is a good one.

We can start with an update.
**I finally broke my plateau and lost another 5 lbs! Those keeping track, that is 15 all together. 15 in 15, that is not bad.
**Fibro is the same, except that whatever I am doing seems to be making a bit worse, at least first thing in the morning. But I am able to push through and keep going. It is most likely the increase in my activity.
**My psoriasis had that set back from Sunday, and is just starting to fully recover to where I was recovered to, if that makes any sense. I can narrow it down to gluten, or dairy or possibly egg, but I am not leaning towards that one. When I am better and almost done with the full juicing thing, I will have to slowly add foods into my diet and then I will hopefully be able to figure out the trigger.
**I have had no headaches.
**My energy levels are elevated and hold pretty steady. No dips or highs throughout the day. I don't need a nap, but I do fall asleep quickly when I go to bed.
**As in my last update, there is no swelling in my legs. Yeah!

Next, my juicing journey. The past couple days have been a trial. I really had to force myself to eat and juice my produce. Ahh, I so didn't want them! I was not actually craving anything, but I was so tired of them. I mean, 14 days of the same! Today, seeing the scale finally go down another couple pounds, I feel encouraged a little bit and I don't feel the sneer on my face when I think of what my day will consist of but I don't have that 'looking forward to it' attitude.

On the bright side, I have my kids motivated to get healthier too. We have worked out together, walked or rode bikes to the park. They have a chart to keep track of their fruit and veggie intake, their screen time, and their activity time. They are also getting a glass of juice every morning and they have to try a bit of every one I make. They have a larger lunch but still has to contain f/v and then a smaller dinner that may consist of a soup or sandwich and a salad. No sugars except for Sunday and we are getting rid of the processed foods. We have charted their weight and although it is never recommended for a child to 'diet' we think in our case, that changing our lifestyle is important and that if they do lose weight, they should be rewarded. They have chosen then rewards and for each mini goal, they get that prize.

Moment to give Praise: Alana has been great. Not only does she help me wash my f/v, and she can help cut some of them, but she also takes care of most of the cooking for herself and Emily. I have only cooked maybe 2-3 times this whole 2 weeks. "Thank you, Lord, for a wonderful gift, my babies. "

Your prayers are appreciated and coveted. Please pray He will give me strength and motivation and that He will continue to bless our family.


Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.


1 comment:

  1. Jess, keep writing these posts! I find them interesting, I suppose. I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete