Sunday, August 14, 2011

Social gathering

What a terrible night! So little sleep and so much pain and yuckiness. Ok, ok, I deserved it, but still, let me vent?
No? Ok, just the facts. I am a sinner. I sin against God and other people every day, knowingly and unknowingly. So, it is not a big surprise, that I sin against myself too. Yesterday, we had a get together with my old small group and my current small group from church. Of course food was on the menu. Now, I did rather well. I was not tempted by the meats grilling and I only eyed the pasta salad. I stuck with the fruits and vegetables that were available and drank water. I did allow, as I have on a couple occasions this past 12 days, an egg. Although this was a deviled egg not just a plain hard boiled egg. So I was already cheating. But I made it for the most part.

After church we went home, did a few things and then I ran up to the store and got home at around 8 or so and BaM! was hit in the face with the delicious smell of pizza (it was the dough that really hit me, very close to the homemade bread). Mike had made a cheese pizza for him and Emily. (can't fault him but he doesn't follow the same rules as I do) Well!! Not only is this almost the only thing that has been cooked in my home for the past week and a half, but it is right at my hardest part of the day! Morning, fine, totally turn it down. Afternoon, might have thought of it a few more seconds, but still not an issue. After 4, I am like a dog on a chain of willpower just chomping at the bit waiting for a bone to be thrown my way. I caved! I had two big bites. Ohh, the shame!! (hanging my head) By this time, I was like, "Why not?" So I had a small glass of milk, I hadn't had one in almost two weeks. Ahh, the slippery slope of sin!

Ok, pick myself back up. Stop feeling guilty! I will start again, no problem. Figured, it might have set me back a little, but didn't think it would be too much of an issue in the grand scheme of things. Nope. My body had another idea. I have been up half the night in the bathroom, regretting my decisions. It did not like what I put in it. Not a bit and it is getting rid of it, the best way it knows how.

I am juicing all day today. Nothing else. I feel better.


No comments:

Post a Comment