Saturday, February 23, 2013

Challenge Time

I have been reading a lot about different 30 day challenges that many people have been taking recently. The main idea is to get back to basics, I like to call it, and get rid of all processed foods including any allergy or food sensitivity triggers. So after the last couple of updates on others' challenges, I finally am taking the hint. I feel like crap and all my stuff is coming back because I choose to not say no to the foods that are hurting me.

I won't be doing this alone. Amen! The last time I juiced without eating I made it 3 weeks. Why? Because I knew someone else was juicing and I had to beat their achievement. I do occasionally have a competitive streak. Anyhow, this isn't really a competition, but support this time. Both my girls have decided to do it with me. Knowing full well that they miss out on goodies at an upcoming birthday party. (Praying she doesn't crack, but we will see)

In preparation of our 30 day Cleanse challenge, we have been binge eating. I know, so bad! But you know, it has been over a year and half since I had a real sandwich or a deep dish pizza? Thank you Davanni's for helping me out on this one today. I got to have both and I could have just melted. (sigh) And I had my first cup of cappuccino too since I had no sleep yesterday before my all night work shift. I have also been indulging in my favorites, Reese's Peanut butter eggs and Cadbury solid chocolate eggs. Sunday will be our last day of junk eating.

Monday is game day. The girls and I will measure and weight ourselves and then keep track of our juicing/food along with our activities.  We will also try to keep track of health issues and see what the difference is in 30 days. I already know what it will be for me, but I am excited to see changes in the girls. Now the 30 day challenge won't be too far fetched from our 'regular' eating as long as we are behaving ourselves. The biggest challenge for the girls will be no sugar, hotdogs, and I am thinking of doing no dairy or egg for part of the time as well. The main guidelines for myself will be no gluten/wheat, dairy, egg, sugar, pork, soy, and processed meats and such.

I know, what are we left with?
Tons, praise the Lord!
Nuts, beans, legumes, all spices, organic whole meats like chicken, turkey, beef,  and fish; rice, and it would take too much space to list the vast amount of fruits and vegetables we can have.

I am going to wrap this up so I can spend the evening with my babies. I will see you all on game day. :)

Jess

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Jessica. The Lord is helping you to see who you are on the inside. His love for you is deep. Praying the 30 days goes well. I'm happy to hear that Emily and Alana are joining you this time. I'll be anxious to see how it turns out for them. May He give you strength to endure the entire 30 days. Spend as much time in the Word as you can during this time as well. It will help you to stay on track. I know the Bible studying I did when I was in "The Lord's Table" helped me a lot. Love you so much. Blessings, Mom

    ReplyDelete